United Illuminating in Connecticut Posts Competitive Supplier Numbers

United Illuminating has posted electric migration statistics as of May 31, 2012.

The growth in the number of customers on competitive supply from the end of April to the end of May was 900 accounts, down from the growth of 1,100 accounts from the end of March to the end of April.

As of the report date, 22,458 business standard service customers, or 58% of customers served, were supplied by a competitive electricity supplier.  The remaining 16,055 customers, or 42% of the customer class count, were still on the UI supply, paying the higher electricity supply rate.  On an annual kWH basis, 79.5% of the business load is with a competitive supplier.